Armed Forces Family Action Plan (AFFAP)
- AFFAP at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM)
The JBLM program, Armed Forces Family Action Plan (AFFAP) is inclusive of all branches of the military community in providing the opportunity to influence the quality of life and standard of living. Through AFFAP, all Service members, retirees, spouses, DA civilians and Family members have a forum to voice concerns and make recommendations for change. This grassroots process identifies and elevates the most significant quality of life issues impacting the military community to senior leadership for action.
** For other installation Army garrisons and higher headquarters, the program is known
as the Army Family Action Plan (AFAP).
- AFFAP Issue Overview
AFFAP has been responsible for hundreds of legislative, regulatory and policy changes involving the Services and geared towards improving the quality of Service member’s life and enhancing readiness and retention. Since AFFAP was created in 1983, over 714 issues have been submitted, resulting in 129+ legislative changes, 190 Department of Defense or Army police changes, and 212 improved programs or services.
A sample of AFFAP results
- Dedicated Special Needs space in Child & Youth Services (CYS)
- Distribution of Montgomery GI Bill benefits to dependents
- Annual leave carryover increase from 60 to 76 days
- Extended education benefits for spouses
- Dental and vision insurance coverage for Federal employees
- Medical coverage for activated Reserve Component Families
- Military Pay Table (targeted pay raises)
- Military Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- TRICARE for Life eligible Retirees
- Funding for Better Opportunities for Single Soliders (B.O.S.S.)
- Active duty Enlisted Soldier compassionate reassingment stabilization
- SGLI increases
- Minimum standards for Army Child Care
- In-State tuition for Military dependents
To submit an issue, click the ‘Submit AFFAP Issue’ below or visit Army OneSource
CLICK HERE for a tutorial on how to submit an AFFAP issue via Army OneSource
- Submit AFFAP Issue
AFFAP Issue Management System (Army OneSource)
To submit an AFFAP issue to JBLM AFFAP, please complete the form below.
- Get Involved
If you are a Service member, retiree, surviving spouse, DA civilian, or Family member — active, Guard or Reserve — you can be part of the AFFAP process. For more information contact AFFAP via e-mail.