Armed Forces Family Team Building (AFFTB)
- AFTB (Level I) Military Knowledge (K) Modules train basic information about the Army: You’ll learn about Army life and how to manage daily challenges by discovering how to decipher Army acronyms, use community resources, attain better financial readiness, and understand the goal and impact of the Army mission on daily life.
- AFTB (Level II) Personal Growth and Resiliency (G) Modules train personal growth skills: Learn how to improve your personal relationships, communication and stress-management skills. Discover how teams form and grow, how to solve problems, and how to resolve personal conflict. You’ll also learn about Army traditions, customs, courtesies and protocol.
- AFTB (Level III) Leadership Development (L) Modules train leadership skills: Thrive in the Army and civilian life by expanding leadership skills. You'll learn effective communication techniques and how to mentor others into leadership positions. You’ll understand the different leadership styles, how to run an effective meeting, manage group conflict, and how to be an effective coach.
- Armed Forces Family Team Building (AFFTB) Overview
AFFTB helps you adapt to being a military spouse and not just cope with, but enjoy the military lifestyle. It provides the knowledge and self confidence to take responsibility for yourself and your Family. Many of the courses can be applied to résumé and career building, self-development and leadership skills. The training is available to
Family members, Servicemembers, Department of the Army Civilians and volunteers.arenting tips, stress management, sports skills, etc.).
Our goals are to:
- Prepare individuals through specialized training generating flexible, adaptive and capable Servicemembers, Families, and Civilians;
- Enhance personal growth and professional development by leveraging an adaptive curriculum and technology meeting the needs of the transforming military;
- Employ resources to build and strengthen enduring partnerships resulting in resilient,
- strong communities.
- AFFTB Training & Classes
AFFTB is a modular training program that is organized into three levels;
- Military Knowledge - a basic course to help those new to the military to understand and cope with the ever-changing Military lifestyle.
- Personal Growth and Resiliency - Ones that are involved in unit or community activities and want to learn more for personal growth, leadership skills, and group dynamics, and
- Leadership development – who are wanting to develop advanced leadership skills and enhances participant’s organizational skills in military and civilian life.
AFFTB is a program that is flexible to meet the unit’s needs and the classes can be taught separately for a unit briefing or a FRG. These classes may be available for promotion points; see below.
In addition to the traditional AFFTB training, we also offer advanced training opportunities, and a Company Command Team Spouse Seminar.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Army Family Team Building (AFTB) empowers you, through self-development and leadership skills, basic Army knowledge and specialized training, to maximize your personal and professional potential.
AFTB improves personal and family preparedness. It enhances overall Army readiness and the ability for America’s Army to adapt to a changing world.
For more information, contact your Army Community Service Family Program office or Army OneSource.