Relocation Readiness Program & Newcomers
- Relocation Readiness Program Overview
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is the Number 1 requested installation, and the JBLM Relocation Readiness Program (RRP) is a comprehensive program designed to assist Service members and Families with transfers and relocations throughout the tour cycle.
Services and programs include workshops, counseling and support, pre-move planning, moving, settling into a new community, and more.
JBLM Newcomers' Orientation
JBLM has grown and changed over the years. Whether you're new or returning to JBLM, or just want to learn your way around, we invite all Service members, Civilians and adult Family Members to our:
- JBLM Newcomers' Orientation
(mandatory for all ranks within 30 days of arriving at JBLM)
- Mandatory Newcomer Letter
- Map to Newcomers Orientation at American Lake Conf. Ctr.
Offer a variety of programs and services to address the needs of growing and active children. The two childcare centers offer programs and services for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. There is also a Before and After School program for school-age children. The Youth Center offers Boys & Girls club and 4H activities, as well as a year-round sports program.
Call +1(253)967-7195 for answers to questions about on- and off-base schools for grades K through 12.
Information, referral and educational programs, and services to families who have been identified, entered into the EFMP program and are requesting services.
- Lewis-McChord Communities provides on-base housing services.
- The JBLM Housing Office assists Families with off-base housing.
JBLM EFMP WebsiteArmy Soldier & Family Readiness Groups (SFRGs) and Air Force Key Spouses are command-sponsored programs to help build strong Families and bridge the gap between Families and units. Both organizations are made up of volunteers and serve as a point for information and support to Families in their units.This DoD-sponsored website provides free information to active duty military personnel, spouses and their family members. Questions about childbirth, parenting, education, financial matters, PCS moves, taxes, medical concerns, citizenship and more can be address by the experts at Military Onesource.To make lodging reservations, or for information in general about the lodging facility, click the link.
Phone numbers, emergency numbers, frequently used numbers, country codes, DSN civilian prefixes, maps & more.
- Local Tours with Northwest Adventure Center are a great way to see the Pacific Northwest.
- Leisure Travel Services will assist you for event tickets and sightseeing.
- Local base activities: Get outside and enjoy the great outdoors—head out shopping—check out the local farmers’ markets & more! Find out what’s available on base & just outside the gates!
- JBLM Newcomers' Orientation
- Welcome CDs
Welcome CDs are provided for Service members and Families. They can only be mailed to installations that are located more than 50 miles away. To request a CD, call +1(253)967-3633.
- Lending Closets (2)
Household goods have not arrived?
- Resources for International & Foreign Born Members
International Spouse Orientation & Cooking Demonstrations
A quarterly orienation designed to help foreign-born Service members & spouses understand American customs & culture. International spouses share their cultural foods by providing a quarterly cooking demo to the Multicultural forum. Call +1(253)967-3633 for more information.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Resources
- Immigration & Nationaliziation: +1(800)375-5283
- Schedule an appointment with a USCIS Representative at DPFR/AFCS (in Waller Hall)
- Hearts Apart/Waiting Families Support Group
The Hearts Apart/Waiting Families Support Group is an outreach program for active duty military Families with Service members on an unaccompanied tour, extended temporary duty or field training exercise. For more information, call +1(253)967-3633.
- Sponsorship Training
Relocation Readiness offers sponsorship training for units (requires at least 24 hours advance notice). and training can be conducted at the requesting unit's location. For more information contact Relocation Readiness at +1(253)967-3631
- Additional Relocation Resources
Heading to Europe?
Other Relocation Resources
- DPFR Classes & Events
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
2140 Liggett Ave.
Military DSN Tel: