Soldier & Family Readiness Groups (SFRG)
- About the SFRG
What is a Soldier & Family Readiness Group (SFRG)?
SFRGs promote the commander’s vision throughout the unit’s mission, assist Families in becoming knowledgeable and self-reliant, and solve problems at the lowest level by:
Providing official, accurate command information
Advocating efficient use of community resources
Reducing soldier and Family stress
How can I contact my SFRG?
- Ask your spouse or someone in your spouse’s unit
- Contact the Command Family Readiness Representative at your unit
- Locate the unit’s (Brigade/Battalion) Facebook page and request SFRG contact information for your unit
- Ensure that your unit SFRG roster contains your current mailing address and telephone number
- Send us an Email
- SFRG Training
SFRG Training & Information
JBLM Directorate of Personnel & Family Readiness (DPFR) offers the following SFRG training:
- SFRG Leadership Training*
- SFRG Leadership Training for the Command Team
- Command Family Readiness Representative (CFRR) Training
- SFRG Key Contact Training*
- SFRG Funds Custodian Training*
*Day and evening sessions available
- Volunteer With Your SFRG
Interested in Becoming an SFRG Volunteer?
SFRGs are always looking for great volunteers to fill positions. Ask the Commander, First Sergeant or SFRG leader where you can help. It’s as simple as that!
- Commander's Corner
These resources cover official and operational guidance, best practices, and community contacts.
From the I Corps Commanding General
- Army Directive 2019-17
Changes to the Soldier and Family Readiness Group Programs
- HQDA EXORD 233 19
Army-wide implementation of the Soldier & Family Readiness Group
- AR 600-20
Army Command Policy
- Army Directive 2019-17
- Event, Meeting & Member Management
The tools listed below are to help manage functions critical to SFRG Operations, such as meetings, rosters, and events.
- Key Contact & Communication Log
- Statement of Complete Non-Participation
- Factors that Motivate Volunteers to Serve
- Informal Funds & Fundraising
Commanders may authorize their SFRG to maintain one informal fund for non-mission-essential activities in accordance with this directive. No more than one SFRG informal fund may be authorized for a unit.
SFRG fundraising will be approved at the battalion level (or equivalent), after consultation with the local ethics counselor. A copy of the approval (memorandum or email) will be forwarded to the garrison commander
Informal Funds Resources
- Learn how to apply for an EIN Number
- Account Requirements for ACU & AFB
- Account Ledger - Sample
- Monthly SFRG Financial Report
- Annual SFRG Financial Report
- SFRG Purchase Request
- Reimbursement Request
A unit's virtual FRG site, or vFRG, promotes a community feeling within Army units by providing a place that contains content customized to the unit.
SFRGs are command-sponsored programs to help build strong Families and bridge the gap between Families and units.
For the Air Force Key Spouse Program, click HERE
SFRG Resource Library
The sections below contain a collection of tools to help you build and sustain a strong Soldier & Family Readiness Group. Click the title of any document to view or download it.