Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Classes on career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, and networking.
- Résumé critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Information on Job fairs and other hiring events
- Computers with internet access
- Employment Appointments & Classes
Are you interested in learning how to make your resume more competitive? Not sure what career path you want to pursue? Need to prepare for the big interview? Sign up for an appointment with one of our career counselors and get that one-on-one attention. Just set up an appointment and we will take it from there!
Employment Readiness is able to teach on a wide variety of employment related courses. Special subject courses can be set up upon request.
These Courses are held Monthly:
- Resume 101: Assists in preparing a current, effective resume; particular attention is paid to modernizing the resume & articulating value of the participants. Participants will leave with structured knowledge of how to compose a competitive resume which reflects their best qualities.
- Complete Federal Resume: Explore deeper into usajobs.gov and the Federal Resume. This course will teach participants the tricks and strategies of the job search and Federal Resume format.
- LinkedIn 360: Learn how to build an effective LinkedIn profile, expand your professional network, and search for career opportunities on this social media utility.
To schedule an appointment or register for a class, call 253-477-9675
- Employment Events
- Employment Readiness Office Locations
Employment Readiness Program : Main Office
Hawk Transition Center
11577 41st Division Dr., JBLM Lewis-North | Room 212
Phone: 253-477-WORK (9675)
WorkSource at McChord Field
Join WorkSource on Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for full counseling services including resume, interview, job search, referrals, and more. Open to all military, spouses, veterans, retirees, and civilians.
Bldg. 100 Col. Joe Jackson Blvd (The Castle) | Room 3009
- Employment Partnerships
The Department of Defense established the Spouse Education Career Opportunities program to provide education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide, offering comprehensive resources and tools related to career exploration, education, training and licensing, employment readiness and career connections.
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) is a targeted recruitment and employment solution for spouses and companies that:
Partners Fortune 500 Plus companies with ALL Military Services
Provides human resource (HR) managers with recruitment solutions – military spouses
Prepares military spouses to become competitive, “job ready” applicants
Connects military spouses with employers seeking the essential 21st century workforce skills and attributes they possess
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Visit MilitaryOneSource MyCAA for more information.
- Useful Links
Federal Employment Opportunities: USAJobs
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Our office proudly offers assistance to all Department of Defense ID Card Holders, to include: Military Spouses, Retirees, Veterans, Active Duty Service Members, DoD Civilians, Active Reserve, National Guard, and Wounded Warriors.
Our services include:
Contact your Employment Readiness Program staff for more information.
Looking to speak with an ERP office on another Installation? Contact information for installation ERPMs can be found at Army OneSource.