Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, Retiree, or DoD civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty Military, active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship.
- Résumé critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Job fairs and other hiring events
- Teen/youth employment information
- Computers with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
- Virtual Career Library access
Contact your Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information. Contact information for installation ERPMs can be found at Army OneSource.
- Employment Appointments & Classes
Do you need help with your resume? Not sure what career path you want to pursue? Need to prepare for the big interview? Sign up for an appointment with one of our career counselors and get that one-on-one attention. Just set up an appointment and we will take it from there!
Employment Readiness is able to teach on a wide variety of employment related courses. Special subject courses can be set up upon request.
These Courses are held Monthly:
- Resume 101: Assists in preparing a current, effective resume; particular attention is paid to modernizing the resume & articulating value of the participants. Participants will leave with structured knowledge of how to compose a competitive resume which reflects their best qualities.
- Complete Federal Resume: Explore deeper into usajobs.gov and the Federal Resume. This course will teach participants the tricks and strategies of the job search and Federal Resume format.
- Interview Ready: How to prepare for a successful job interview.
- Employment Events
- Employment Readiness Office Locations
HAWK Transition Center
11577 41st Division Dr., Room 212
Service Member & Family Assistance Center
9059 Gardner Loop, Room 168
Bldg. 100 (The Castle)
100 Joe Jackson Blvd.
- Employment Partnerships
The Department of Defense established the Spouse Education Career Opportunities program to provide education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide, offering comprehensive resources and tools related to career exploration, education, training and licensing, employment readiness and career connections.
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) is a targeted recruitment and employment solution for spouses and companies that:
Partners Fortune 500 Plus companies with ALL Military Services
Provides human resource (HR) managers with recruitment solutions – military spouses
Prepares military spouses to become competitive, “job ready” applicants
Connects military spouses with employers seeking the essential 21st century workforce skills and attributes they possess
The MyCAA Scholarship program can help you get the credentials you need to achieve your career goal.
- Useful Links
JBLM Job Board (for employers & job seekers)
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|