- Looking for ACS Services or the A&FRC?
- You've come to the right place. In 2017, Army Community Service (ACS), the Directorate of Human Resources (DHR), and the Airman & Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) on JBLM were consolidated into one organization - the Directorate of Personnel & Family Readiness (DPFR). We offer all the same programs and services, with expanded service delivery in multiple locations across the installation.
- What We Do
DPFR helps Service members and their Families maintain mission and Family readiness by promoting and teaching resiliency, stability and self-reliance. We provide programs and resources for Service members (all branches, including National Guard and Reserve), their Families, retirees and DoD civilians.
- Make an Appointment / Register for a Class
Register online for any one-on-one appointment or class offered by DPFR!
Visit our Facebook Page and click the blue "Book Now" button for a menu of options.
- Welcome to your JBLM Adventure! - Two ways to attend
Now there are two ways to attend the Welcome to Your JBLM Adventure event!
Join us in-person the second Tuesday of each month at the Children's Museum of JBLM (2275 Liggett Ave, JBLM Main). Check-in begins at 9:15 a.m., with the session kicking off at 9:30 a.m. There is an optional bus tour of the installation directly following the event, which lasts approximately one hour. No RSVP required, just show up! Social distancing is in effect, and masks are required for all attendees over the age of 2 years old. Children are welcome for both the presentation and the tour.
Join us virtually the fourth Tuesday of each month on Facebook Live! Feel free to ask questions of any of the presenters in the comments, and we will answer them in real time. Learn all you need to know about getting connected to your new installation from the comfort of your own home.
This is the perfect event for Spouses & Service members new to JBLM, folks who want to learn more about what JBLM has to offer, and anyone looking to make new connections.
In-person sessions will take place in the lobby of the building. The Museum itself is not yet open to the public and will not be accessible to participants.
- JBLM Sound Summit
The JBLM Sound Summit is a forum where you can hear about what's happening on the installation, as well as important information from our community partners.
Each month is a different theme based upon resiliency topics and making the most out
of being stationed in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
To learn more, visit the JBLM SOUND SUMMIT page
- Community Resource Guide
The Community Resource Guide contains a list of resources available to members of the JBLM community. It does not provide exhaustive information about each resource. Instead, it provides just enough information for you to quickly determine what resources are available to serve your needs.
- DPFR Services - By Location
2140 Liggett Ave., JBLM MainOur primary DPFR hub on JBLM Main. New to JBLM and not sure where to go? Visit our Family Programs office in Room 400. Services at this location include:
100 COL Joe Jackson Blvd., JBLM McChord Field
Our primary hub on JBLM McChord Field. Known on most Air Force Bases as the Airman & Family Readiness Center (A&FRC). Services at this location include:
The Escape Zone is a Parent-Child Activity center managed by JBLM DPFR, located on JBLM McChord Field.
Please note: The Escape Zone is currently closed through January 4, 2021.
Family Resource Center
4274 Idaho Ave, JBLM Main
The Family Resource Center is one of the main training locations for DPFR Family programs, and is available for JBLM Units and Organizations to reserve on a space-available basis for events, meetings, and ceremonies. DPFR services at this location include:
Armed Forces Family Action Plan (AFFAP) Armed Forces Family Team Building (AFFTB) Installation Volunteer Corps DPFR Marketing Office
Please note: As of March 2020, the FRC is temporarily unable to take reservations at this time. We will update this message when availability is restored. If you have any questions, please contact 253-967-9496.
Hawk Career Center
11577 41st Division Dr., JBLM North
A one-stop-shop for all things Employment. Whether you're a Service member transitioning out of active service, or a Miiltary Spouse seeking job search assistance, you'll find it at the Hawk. Services at this location include:
Career Choice Financial Counseling Community Information Services Employment Readiness Program Servicemember for Life - Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP)
Visit JBLM Unlimited on Facebook for the latest information about current job & career training opportunities on and around JBLM.
Connect with JBLM SFL-TAP on LinkedIn
Service Member & Family Assistance Center (SFAC)
9059 Gardner Loop., JBLM Main
The SFAC helps meet the unique needs of wounded, ill and injured Service members and their Families as they heal and prepare for transition back to their military career or into the civilian workforce. Services at this location include:
Career Skills Program Community Information Services Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Education Services Financial Readiness Program Military Personnel Services (Human Resources)
Stone Education Center
6242 Colorado Ave., JBLM Main
Home of the Army Continuing Education Services (ACES) program on JBLM, which provides education advising services to Service members, Families, DoD Civilians, Retirees, and veterans. Additional Services at this location include testing, language testing, GoArmyEd and college support, TA and VA benefits assistance and employment opportunities.
The following colleges have offices on site:
Brandman University Central Texas College Central Washington University Pierce College St. Martin's University University of Maryland - University College
Visit JBLM Unlimited on Facebook for regular information on education events & opportunities on base and with JBLM partners.
Note: The McChord Field Education & Training Center provides support to Air Force Service Members and their Families. Visit their website -HERE-
2008-B N. 3rd St., JBLM Main
Services available at this location are the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Drug Testing & Deterrance.
4171 West Way., JBLM Main
Services available at this location are Records Management, Official Mail, and FOIA
- DPFR Services - Alphabetical Listing
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS)
- Armed Forces Family Action Plan (AFFAP)
- Armed Forces Family Team Building (AFFTB)
- Army Emergency Relief (AER)
- Community Information Services (CIS)
- Education Services (ACES, Advising, Academic Testing, APT, Colleges, Related Programs & Resources)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Escape Zone - Parent/Child Activity Center
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- Family Resource Center (FRC)
- Financial Readiness Program (FRP)
- Installation Volunteer Corps (IVC)
- Key Spouse Program
- Military Personnel Services (DEERS/ID Cards, Reassignments, In/Out Processing, Transition Processing Center, Personnel Readiness & Soldier Actions, Casualty Assistance)
- Mobilization, Deployment & SSO
- Outreach Program
- Records Management, Mail & FOIA
- Relocation Readiness Program & Newcomers
- Retirement Services (Army)
- Retiree Activities (Air Force)
- Risk Reduction
- SHARP & SAPR
- Service Member & Family Assistance Center (SFAC)
- Service Member for Life - Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP)
- Soldier & Family Readiness Groups (SFRG)
- Survivor Outreach Services (SOS)
- DPFR Sponsored Programs & Initiatives
- Parent/Child Activity Center
841 Fairway Rd., JBLM McChord Field
►Please Note: The Escape Zone is currently closed, with an anticipated reopening date
of January 4, 2021.
The Escape Zone offers parents and their children ages 5 and younger a place to learn and play together. Learn to socialize and have fun with this FREE program on McChord Field.
The JBLM Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) system allows members of the JBLM community to provide direct feedback about their experiences with on-base programs and services.
Did someone provide you with excellent service? Click the ICE icon above, and enter "DPFR" into the search field and select the applicable section you wish to provide input on.
Start with us! With an extensive menu of programs and multiple locations to serve you, the Directorate of Personnel & Family Readiness is here to ensure Service members and their Families, Retirees, and DoD Civilians have all the tools to successfully navigate military life and beyond
Need assistance? Call 253-967-7166 to connect with a Community Information Specialist
Click the image below to view or download a PDF version