SHARP & SAPR
- The Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention (SHARP) Program (Lewis Main & North)
- Bldg 2013B, North 3rd Street, Room 210 (JBLM-Lewis Main)
- SHARP Resource Center, Bldg 2027C, Pendleton Avenue (JBLM-Lewis Main)
The Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) Program is committed to eliminating sexual harassment and sexual assault by creating a climate that respects the dignity of every member of the Army Family. The SHARP program reinforces the Army's commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual assault through a comprehensive policy that centers on awareness and prevention, training and education, victim advocacy, response, reporting, and accountability.
Army policy promotes sensitive care and confidential reporting for victims of sexual harassment and assault and accountability for those who commit these crimes.
JBLM SHARP Victim Advocates can be reached 24/7 at +1(253)389-8469.
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Program (McChord Field)
SARC/Victim Advocates are certified through the National Organization Victim Assistance (NOVA) in Alexandria, VA.
- Bldg 100/STE 3024, McChord Field
We are on a mission to prevent and respond to sexual assaultthrough a balance of focused education, compassionate advocacy and social justice in order to promote respect and dignity throughout Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Advocacy Services are confidential. Our clients are protected under Military Rules of Evidence 514. We offer the following non-judgmental support services:
- Safety planning
- Accompaniment to medical & legal proceedings
- Reporting Options
- Information & Resources
- Special Victims Council (private attorney/some restrictions may apply)
For assistance call +1(253)982-7272 (SARC).
- Sexual Assault Reporting
The JBLM SHARP office provides advocacy services to victims of sexual assault who are in the military and their immediate family members who are over the age of 18. Victim advocates are certified by the Department of Defense through the National Organization Victim Assistance (NOVA) in Alexandria, VA every two years. JBLM installation SHARP victim advocates are well trained and highly educated in the social services field.
Advocates can provide sexual assault victims assistance in the following areas:
- Sexual Assault Reporting Options
- Safety Planning
- Resources available for sexual assault victims
- Administrative, legal, and medical process in sexual assault cases.
- Accompaniment to administrative, medical, and legal proceedings
- Referral to counseling services.
SHARP Victim Advocates can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at +1(253)389-8469.
- Sexual Harassment Complaints
One-third of sexual assault cases begin as incidents of sexual harassment. As a military community, it is important to address sexual harassment complaints immediately when they occur.
The JBLM SHARP office will assist in finding the appropriate method for addressing the situation. For military personnel and their family members, the JBLM SHARP office can assist in the following areas:
- Guidance on how to address sexual harassment issues
- Formal sexual harassment complaint intake
- Informal sexual harassment case intake
- Advocacy in dealing with sexual harassment
- Referral to other agencies and resources as required
For assistance or information during office hours, please call +1(253)967-2072.
- SHARP Training & Events
Understanding the SHARP program and what role Soldiers, civilians, and leaders play in the prevention and response to SHARP issues is paramount to the success of the program. The JBLM SHARP office can provide all sorts of different training for the mandatory annual training for military and civilian employees. Training includes:
- Commander and 1SG training
- Leadership training
- Family Readiness Group training
- SHARP Responder training on the role of the SARC and Victim Advocate
- Upcoming RAD Self-Defense Classes
For questions or to schedule a training event, please call +1(253)967-2072.
- Useful Links & Resources
For more information on the SHARP program within the JBLM community, please use the resources and links below:
- 24/7 JBLM SHARP Hotline (Sexual Assault Reporting): +1(253)389-8469
- DOD 24 Hour safe hotline: +1(877)995-5247
- Text: 55-247 (Within US)
Online DoD SafelineResources: DoD Safeline
JBLM SHARP Resource Center: (253) 477-1984/1983/1986
DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Information: DoD SAPR
Department of the Army SHARP website: DA SHARP
Thurston County Family Justice Center: TCFJC
Pierce County Sexual Assault Center: PCSAC