BBQ competition, outdoor games, sandcastle-building competition, rock wall climbing, crafts, back-to-school swag, slip-and-slide and much more!
Aug 13 2022, 11 am - 6 pm
Aug 13 2022, 11 am - 6 pm
We’re throwing an end-of-summer party Saturday, Aug. 13 and you’re invited! Park your car at American Lake Conference Center and we’ll take you out to Summer Cove (by Russell Landing Marina) for a day’s worth of games, food, giveaways and water fun 11 a.m.–6 p.m.
Here are some of our planned activities:
• Family activities — outdoor games, sandcastle-building competition, rock wall climbing, crafts, slip-and-slide, tug-of-war, giant Jenga, cornhole, bounce houses, water slides and much more!
• A Firefest™ barbecue competition for Fields of Friendly Strife points — enter the barbecue competition before the event for a chance to win a grand prize Chimp Tailgater Grill ($599) and bragging rights for your unit. Each team will get a generous swag bag from Firefest sponsors ($100+) and can have up to six people on it, with at least one team member representing their military unit. Click here for details and event registration.
• A Gary Sinise Foundation and Firefest™ “Salute” to JBLM Service members and families with 2,000 free pulled pork sandwiches; limit one dish per person, first-come, first-served while supplies last.
• Live stage entertainment — Darin Jones & Last Men Standing (country music), plus Disney Cruise’s tribute bands for The Beach Boys and The Beatles.
• Free pontoon boat rides and free kayak/SUP rentals on site. (you must complete a paddle sports safety course beforehand at boaterexam.com/paddling).
• Seahawks Ticket Drawing - for those who have preregistered for the chance to purchase Seahawks regular season home game tickets. Preseason tickets for the Chicago Bears game on Aug. 18 are available to purchase now, first-come, first-served.
• Free school supplies (while they last), sponsor booths and food/refreshments available for purchase.
Please note that you won’t be able to park at Russell Landing Marina or Summer Cove the day of the event. We’ll have four shuttles running (10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.) to transport incoming participants from the American Lake Conference Center parking lot to the event and back throughout the day. The Russell Landing Marina boat launch will also be closed Aug. 13.
MAIN STAGE SCHEDULE:
11 AM-6 PM: DJ CHRISSY
1-2 PM: DARIN JONES & LAST MEN STANDING- YOUNG COUNTRY
3-4 PM: HIGH TIDE - BEACH BOYS TRIBUTE BAND
5-6 PM: PAPERBACK WRITER - BEATLES TRIBUTE BAND
0800-1400: FIREFEST BBQ
1100-1700: SAND CASTLE COMPETITION
1100-1800: FACE PAINTERS, BALLOON TWISTERS, PONTOON RIDES, KAYAK/SUP, ROCK CLIMBING WALL, WATER SLIDES, BOUNCE HOUSES, GAMES, CRAFTS.
Darin Jones & Last Men Standing
Paperback Writer -The Beatles Experience
Proudly sponsored by:
No federal endorsement implied.
This event is open to DOD ID card holders and their sponsored guests.