MWR Career Opportunities
Come Work for Us!
There are more than 28,000 civilian Family and MWR employees serving around the world. If you want to make a difference in the lives of Service members and their Families, consider joining our team. We’re always looking for talented professionals in these key areas:
• Child & Youth Services (CYS)
• Sports and Fitness Management
• Community Recreation
• Outdoor Recreation
• Financial Management
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Professional Golf Management
• Food & Beverage
NAF Benefits and Incentives
Family and MWR offers competitive salaries and benefit packages that include medical, dental and life insurance. Comprehensive retirement and 401(k) plans are available and the organization will match your monthly contributions up to four percent.
Hiring bonuses are also available for select positions:
- $1,000 bonus for Community Recreation Division positions; NA04 Cook, NA06 Cook, NA05 Bartender, NA03 Food and Beverage Attendant, NA02 Custodial Worker, and NA02 Food Service Worker after six months, with an average of 20 hours per week worked.
- $500 bonus after 50 hours of work, another $500 after 100 hours of work for Lifeguards
- $1,000 bonus after six months of work for all CYS Bus Drivers and Cooks
- $250 payable to any current NAF employee for a “referral” to a CYS position, if the position remains filled for six months
- $1,000 bonus payable to Child & Youth Program Assistant 2-4 after six months
Added bonuses of NAF employment include:
- CYS priority placement for children of direct care staff
- FCC priority on-base housing
- 20% childcare discount for ALL direct care staff
- Free gym and pool access
- Shopping privileges at the Exchange
- Full access to leisure activities (bowling, golf, skate parks, beachside picnic areas, on-base dining, special events and festivals).
- Discount tickets to popular attractions across the U.S., movies, sports and more.
- Affordable recreational rentals.
- Access to MWR ranges, marina, cabin rentals, travel camps and more.
- Use of self-help auto center, arts & crafts center, library programs and more.
- TSA Precheck
- Installation access cards for DOD Civilian family members
There are also multiple ways to move upward in Family and MWR through training opportunities and developmental assignments.
Non-CYS10/3 FLEX Food Service Worker NA-02 starting at $32,760/yr. *** $1,000 BONUS ELIGIBLE *** 10/6 FLEX Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor) NF-02 starting at $36,129.60/yr. 10/13 FLEX Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) NF-02 starting at $36,129.60/yr. CYS 9/29 RPT/RFT Lead CYPA starting at $20.74/hr. 9/29 RFT Maintenance Worker NA-07 starting at $19.50/hr.
Points of Contact:
Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Civilian Personnel Advisory Center
NAF Human Resources Office
PO Box 339500, MS 37
2015 4th Street
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA 98433-9500
Fax: 253-966-7601 DSN: 347-7601