Northwest Adventure Center - Lewis
- Retail and Rental Store
Our retail store carries everything you need for a wonderful day skiing, fishing or camping. We have a great selection of equipment rentals for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, camping, hiking and barbecuing and also have gun sales.
- Adventure Programs
Seasonal adventure trips include sea kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, fishing, bungee jumping, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and many more. Choose from trips on the monthly adventure calendar, or schedule a private trip with Family and friends or for your unit or FRG. Read more about adventures trips.
- SCUBA Program
Escape gravity with specialty diving classes through the only five-star PADI-certified SCUBA shop in the military. Classes include the basic open water, advance, rescue, the master diver, dive master and dive instructor. Safety is a top priority, and divers with medical problems, such as high blood pressure, must have their doctor’s approval and be medically cleared.
- Equipment Rental Policy
General reservation/cancellation policy
• Phone reservations require a credit card payment.
• No refunds given for early return.
• All fees must be paid in full prior to picking up equipment.
• Reservations for boats and campers can be scheduled as far out as three months to the day.
• Payment in full required for reservation item.
• Eligibility requirements must be met for all rentals.
• Reservations cancellations outside of 72 hours will be charged $10 cancellation changes for each day of the reservation. Inside 72 hours, patron will forfeit the nights' deposit that was taken to hold the item. If patron is changing the reservation, they will be charged a $10 change fee. A separate policy is applied to federal holiday weekends; please ask about details when calling.
• Renter agrees to return equipment in same condition as it was issued. Renter is responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
• Early returns will not be credited.
• Does not include loading and unloading, tie-down straps or rope.
• Fuel (gasoline, propane, charcoal, etc.) must be full upon return.
• Late equipment will be charged the normal daily rate until returned.
• Rentals must be returned before 5 p.m.
In addition to the general policy, the following applies:
• Please ensure towing requirements are met, improper towing setups may result
in loss of reservations.
• Reservations require a minimum of 24 hours notice.
Inspect each item checked out before leaving the facility
Please take proper steps to inspect all equipment before you check it out and notify
a staff member of any obvious damages or lack of cleanliness; this may prevent additional
If no problem is noted on the receipt, it will be assumed the equipment is issued good, clean, damage-free condition. Damage or loss of any items will be charged to the user for the cost to repair or replace the item in accordance with NAC policy.
Refunds will be issued only by approval of the Director of Outdoor Recreation. Other than special circumstances, no refunds will be issued.
Eligible patrons include active duty military, Department of Defense civilian employees,
U.S. military Retirees and members of the Armed Forces Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/government ID card are also eligible.
- Water Equipment
Item Daily 16' Lund Boat w/20-hp motor (#0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) $70 16' Lund Boat w/25-hp motor (#6, 7, 8, 9) $75 14' Lund Boat w/15-hp motor (#10, 11) $65 16' Lund Boat w/15-hp motor (#12, 13) $65 14' Livingston w/25-hp motor (#15, 16, 17, 18) $68 John Boat $30 15' Canoe (w/ two PFDs & two paddles) $40 Single (sea kayak, sit-on-top) $40 Double (sea kayak, sit-on-top) $45 Fishing kayak $45 Stand-up Paddleboard $45 40-lb thrust electric trolling motor w/ battery $15 Clam gun $5 Crab ring (customer provides buoy) $8 Shrimp pot (customer provides buoy) $6 Fishing pole $5 Personal Flotation Device (PFD) Vest $3
• Visit boatus.org.
• Select online course and state of Washington.
• Print or show digital copy of certificate at time of reservation.
• Completion of training will be annotated on household account for future reservations
Paddlecraft (Canoe, Kayak, SUP) Requirements
• Visit boaterexam.com/paddling.
• Complete training.
• Print or show digital copy of certificate at time of reservation.
• Completion of training will be annotated on household account for future reservations.
Item Daily 19' Springdale Trailer, GVW 5,955 lbs, sleeps 7 $107 18' Springdale Trailer, GVW 6,030 lbs, sleeps 4 $90 16' Ameri Lite Trailer, GVW 3,500 lbs, sleeps 4 $80 18' Jayco Trailer, GVW 3,750 lbs, sleeps 5 $90 Flagstaff A-Frame Trailer, GVW 3,337 lbs, sleeps 2 $75 4-person tent $20 6-person tent $25 Backpack $8 Child carry backpack $5 Camp stove, two-burner $10 Folding cot $5 Lantern, battery $3 Foam sleeping pad $6
- Reservable Rental Items
Item Daily Open utility trailer, 5'x9', 3,000 lbs (BU9) $55 Utility trailer, 5'x10', w/ramp, 1,500 lbs (BU5, BU6) $60 Utility trailer, 5'x8', w/gate, 3,000 lbs (BU8) $45 Motorcycle hauler, 5'x8', 2,990 lbs (BU8) $45 Dual quad trailer, 8'x8', w/ramp, 2,400 lbs (BU10) $45 Covered utility trailer, 5'x8', 1,600 lbs (CU2, CU3) $85 Utility trailer w/gate $60 Hitch & Ball, 2 5/16'' $5 Gas Barbecue Trailer $75 Charcoal Trailer $65 Canopy, 10'x10' $45 Canopy, 10'x20' $75 Folding chair $2 Folding table $8 Dunk tank $100 Bounce house $175 Inflatable billiards $175 Inflatable archery $175
Item Daily Cotton candy machine $40 Popcorn machine $40 Snow cone machine $40 Hot dog machine $40 Generator, gas, 2,000 watts $35 Fire pit $12 Volleyball/net $25 Tug-of-war rope $15 Yard jenga $20 3-in-1 yard games (cornhole, ladder golf, washers) $25 General sports box (volleyball and net, four softballs, two bats, eight gloves, horseshoe set, croquet set, 2 frisbees and football) $25 Garden plot $25
- Winter Equipment
- RV Storage prices
Lot Monthly 20' & under uncovered $45 21'–30' uncovered $50 20' covered $65 31'–39' uncovered $55 40' uncovered $60 40' covered $100
Band Lot (off Plant Road); Stable Lot (off Main Street near horse stables); Main Street Lot (near Army museum)
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Rentals only. No resale)|
If you love being outdoors and active, the Northwest Adventure Center can help make it happen for you! Sign up for trips and tours, and check out the retail and rental store.
RV Storage Lots
Need to store your RV or boat? We have covered and uncovered storage spaces available to rent.
The storage facility is fully enclosed with a locked gate, and the minimum storage time is one month. Only registered patrons will have access to the RV Storage areas.