Book Patch Children's Library
- Get a Library Account
Stop by a JBLM Library and register for a library account today!
You’re eligible* if you are:
- Active duty military (all services) or a Family member.
- Retired military or a retired Joint Base Lewis-McChord civilian worker or a Family member.
- A civilian employee or contract employee assigned to JBLM, MAMC or Yakima Training Center.
- An intern, medical student, ROTC student, or foreign service member training at MAMC or Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- A transitional assistance Soldier or a Family member.
- JBLM Education Center students with no military affiliation who have proof of enrollment.
* Members of the Armed Forces, civilian employees and contractors on TDY at JBLM qualify for short-term cards. MAMC in-patients and their Families may also qualify for short-term cards.
What can I do with my library card?
With a PIN, you can do the following from home (or anywhere else you have in internet access):
- Reserve and renew books, DVDs, music and games.
- Use online library databases.
- Access ebooks, eaudiobooks and emusic.
I'm ready to sign up. How do I get my PIN?
- Go to MY ACCOUNT. Note: if you receive the message "there is a problem with this website's security certificate" click on continue to this website (not recommended)."
- Click on GET A PIN.
- Enter the email address you provided when you registered for a library account.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Access your email and follow the instructions for creating your PIN.
- Library Policies
Borrowing Policies & procedures:
To borrow library materials you must be a registered user. Show your library card or valid picture ID when checking materials out. For your protection, do not allow anyone else to use your library card. Report a lost library or ID card immediately by calling +1(253)967-5889.
- Please do not attempt to repair any damaged material.
- Lewis-McChord Libraries will not be responsible for any damage to the borrower’s audio or video equipment.
- 21 day checkout: Books, audiobooks, music CDs
- 14 day checkout: TV series
- 7 day checkout: Movies, video games, museum passes
- 99 books, talking books or magazines
- 10 Music CDs
- 10 DVDs
- 5 Video games
Reserved library materials will be held at the circulation desk. Reserves can be made in person, by telephone, or through the online catalog.
- Reserves are filled in the order in which they are placed.
- Patrons will be notified as soon as the requested materials become available.
- Reserves are held for 5 business days.
Most materials may be renewed at the Circulation Desk, by phone, or through the online catalog. Items on hold may not be renewed. You cannot renew anything if there is a block on your record. Items may be renewed up to 2 times.
- Overdue reminders will be emailed for materials not returned by the due date.
- Accounts will be blocked when item is 30 days overdue.
Return of Library Materials
Library materials may be returned to any library in the JBLM Library System: Grandstaff, Book Patch or McChord.
- After normal business hours, please return materials to:
- Grandstaff Library Book Drop located by the front doors of the library.
- Grandstaff Drive-Up Book Drop located in the parking lot behind the library building.
- McChord Library Book Drop located in the tower in front of the education building.
- McChord Library Book Drop located in the entry, outside of the library
- If the book returns are full, do not leave materials outside.
Interlibrary Loan Materials (ILL)
- Materials borrowed for Lewis-McChord Libraries cardholders from other libraries through ILL are subject to all loan periods, fines, rules and regulations established by lending libraries.
- ILL materials will be renewed only as permitted by the lending library.
All library materials must be returned before clearing the Lewis-McChord Libraries.
- Library Services
- Access to 100,000 books, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, and video games
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic, and eMovies
- Programs for kids, teens, and adults
- Computer stations with Internet, Microsoft Office, and printing
- Meeting room available for reservations
- Study rooms
- Free WiFi
- Computers, Copies and More
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All Active Duty Service members and their Families, Retired Military, DoD Civilians, contractors, National Guard and Reservists are welcome to use the computers and printer.
All computers are equipped with commercial Internet access, Microsoft Office programs, and built-in CAC readers. Public computers may be used for one hour sessions and may be extended if no one is waiting.
Printing and Copying
Printing is available through an automated system. The machine accepts nickels, dimes, quarters and $1, and $5 bills. The first 15 pages of b/w printing/photocopying are free. Additional pages are 10¢. Color printing is available for 50¢ per page.
Scanning and Faxing
You may scan directly to an e-mail address or fax to a phone number in the U.S. Both services are free.
- Suggest a Purchase
We welcome your suggestions.
- Please check the online catalog to see if we already own the title you want before submitting this form.
- Any format - book, audiobook, CD, movie, video game or other may be suggested.
- Suggested purchases should be recent publications, within the last three years.
- Mission Statement
The Joint Base Lewis-McChord Libraries supports the development of a combat-ready force. The primary role in providing a combat-ready force is to assist in developing an informed, trained, up-to-date and focused Warrior. Additionally, the libraries seek to enhance the quality of life for the military community.
- Museum Passes
Passes are available for the Tacoma Art Museum, Foss Waterway Museum, and Lakewold Gardens. Passes checkout for one week.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||12 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|DONSA in conjunction w/fed holiday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Located inside Grandstaff Library, Book Patch Library is home to the Winter and Summer Reading Programs, various storytimes and myriad events for Families.
Family Story Time is held weekly on Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. For a complete listing of upcoming activities, check out our calendar of events.