- BOWL ARENA LANES food service: daily, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call in orders to 253-967-4661. Menu (Effective close of business Friday, April 10, weekend operations will cease and weekday operations will be available 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- HABAÑERO MEXICAN GRILL food service: daily, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call in orders to 253-982-3271. Menu (Effective Friday, April 10 at 2 p.m., this location will close.)
BATTLE BEAN COFFEE in the Customer Service Mall: weekdays, 7 to 11 a.m.
- Bowling leagues
- Intramural sports
- McChord Library's regular programming (clubs, workshops, etc.)
- Kids' Climbing Club and the indoor rock wall at Adventures Unlimited
- Youth sports
- March 13-15, CYS youth sports games/practices
- March 13, St. Patrick's Day Party, Sam Adams Brewhouse Cascade
- March 13, 20 & 27, Operation Rising Star singing competition, Sounders Lanes
- March 14, Apex Legends eSports Tournament, Warrior Zone
- March 17, JBLM Newcomers' Orientation Briefing, American Lake Conference Center
- March 17, St. Paddy's Day 5K Run, Blanchard Fitness Center (Yakima)
- March 21, JBLM Shamrockin' 5K Run, McChord Club
- March 23, Music in the Library, Grandstaff Library
- March 28, Spring Flea Market, Wilson Fitness Center
- April 2, Kids' Fest, McChord Club
- April 4, Awareness Run, Sam Adams Brewhouse Cascade
- April 4, NAF Property Sale, MWR Supply Warehouse
- April 10, Commander's Cup 10 Miler Qualifier
- April 11, Armed Forces Kids Run, Cowan Stadium
- April 11, Easter Dash, Cowan Stadium
- April 12, Easter Brunch, McChord Club
- April 18, UFC 249, Warrior Zone, Sam Adams Brewhouse, McChord Pub
- May 2, Latin Night, Sam Adams Brewhouse Cascade
- May 2, NAC Open House and Movie Night (will be rescheduled)
- May 5-6, Pitch, Hit & Run, CYS Youth Sports Fields
- May 8, Aquatics Hiring Fair (will be rescheduled)
- May 8, Trivia Night, Sam Adams Brewhouse Cascade
- May 9, eSports tourney, Warrior Zone & The Annex
- May 9, Down & Dirty Trail Run
- May 16, Armed Forces Day
Next JBLM Coronavirus/COVID-19 facebook Live stream is April 10 at 5 p.m. Watch here.
UPDATED 15 March, 1800 JBLM leaders have outlined a plan regarding the impact of COVID-19 and school closures on JBLM's Child and Youth Services programs, to include child development centers and school-age centers. This plan balances the safety of our service members and CYS staff with the need to support mission readiness. Effective Monday, March 16, JBLM CYS will suspend care at all child development centers and school-age centers at 2 p.m. for all patrons. Essentially, this means there will be NO after-school care at school-age centers effective immediately. For the complete plan and the dates it will be implemented, please read this document. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these challenging times. UPDATED 13 March, 2145 From Joint Base Lewis-McChord: Washington State Governor Jay Inslee announced March 13 that K-12 public and private schools statewide will be closed from March 17-April 24. Some districts have already closed or will be closed March 16. JBLM has students of military families in 21 nearby school districts; the closure affects military families who live on and off base. JBLM leaders are keenly aware of the closure and the impact it will have on military families with children. Leaders are currently assessing the situation with all commands basewide. Based on this assessment, they will develop a plan to address JBLM families' needs and concerns. JBLM leaders anticipate that childcare on base will be impacted, as those who care for your children now face the same challenge. Once the plan is developed, we will inform the JBLM community.
- Basic Hygiene
- Community Transmission
- Plan ahead and Prepare
Your health is our primary concern. JBLM continues to increase protection measures on base to keep service members, families, civilian employees and others safe as the COVID-19 virus spreads. Customers and team members are asked to visit the nearest washroom to clean their hands before conducting business in our locations.
Any changes to facility and program operations will be shared here and on facebook as soon as updates are available.
Basewide closures, postponements and cancellations can be seen here.
MWR's contact list for operational facilities.
Effective COB Friday, April 10: Habanero Mexican Grill will close (at 2 p.m.). Bowl Arena Lanes weekend snack bar operations will cease; new hours will be weekdays 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Open MWR locations:
Food service is available at three MWR locations:
Battle Bean in the Customer Service Mall, Bowl Arena Lanes and Habanero Mexican Grill are closed to sit-and-eat service. Food service operations at these locations will continue for TO-GO ORDERS only. Credit card payments only.
MWR curtailments and closures:
Arts & Crafts:
The Arts & Crafts Center is closed until further notice. Customers with completed orders are being contacted for pick up; no new orders are being accepted at this time.
JBLM Auto Centers are closed until further notice.
Bowl Arena Lanes is closed except for to-go food operations as outlined above. Sounders Lanes is closed until further notice; this includes to-go orders.
CYS has suspended care at child development centers, school-age centers and Family Child Care homes. Madigan Child Development Center and Lewis North School Age Center are operating for designated mission essential personnel only. See the full letter for details. Hillside Youth Center and Raindrops & Rainbows are also closed.
American Lake Conference Center, Battle Bean at Stone Ed, the brewhouse at Eagle's Pride, McChord Club, Sam Adams Cascade, Sounders Lanes and Warrior Zone Cafe are closed until further notice. Battle Bean at the Customer Service Mall, Bowl Arena Lanes and Habanero Mexican Grill are closed to sit-and-eat service. To-go food service for these locations, as well as Battle Bean (customer service mall) is outlined above.
Eagle's Pride Golf Course and Whispering Firs Golf Course are closed until further notice. The brewhouse at Eagle's Pride is also closed; Habanero Mexican Grill at Whispering Firs is open for to-go orders only as outlined above.
Go Transit transportation service is not running until further notice.
All JBLM libraries are closed until further notice. Library resources are available online 24/7. If you'd like to access but don’t have an account yet, contact us for a temporary virtual account for you (good during the current COVID-19 crisis and available to all service members, dependents, retirees and civilian employees). Once we have returned to normal operations, please visit your nearest JBLM library to convert your account to a full-service library account.
All Outdoor Recreation locations are closed. This includes Adventures Unlimited and the indoor climbing wall, cabins & campgrounds, Northwest Adventure Center, ORV Park, paintball, parks and pavilions (including Shoreline Park), POV Resale Lots, Ranges and Russell Landing Marina. Adventure programs, hunting & fishing, the scuba program and Warrior Adventure Quest are also closed until further notice. Reservations for the next two weeks are canceled and refunds will be issued. The online reservation system for campground, cabins and equipment rental is shut down for two weeks. At this time, there is no guidance to have current guests at the cabins & campground leave.
Rec Center & Warrior Zone:
Nelson Recreation is closed until further notice. Warrior Zone is closed ; this includes to-go orders.
Sports, Fitness & Aquatics:
JBLM gyms and pools are closed until further notice. This includes 24/7 access for registered patrons. Intramural sports are canceled until further notice. Field reservations are not available during this time. Find a Work Out of the Day on facebook.
The DFMWR Supply Warehouse is closed for Unit Issue until further notice.
The following JBLM MWR events/programs are canceled:
Updated 4/8/2020 8 p.m.