CYS Recruitment Fair
$200 recruitment bonus PLUS another $800 bonus after six months! Anyone can apply! No military affiliation is required.
CYS Recruitment Fair
Start your CYS Career Today!
Ready to start a new career as a Child & Youth Program Assistant (child caregiver) with great pay and benefits? Then come down to the CYS Recruitment Fair, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Eagle's Pride Golf Course!
How does a $200 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS an $800 retention bonus* at the six month mark?
CYS employment also comes with:
- Career Progression
- Training tied to salary increases and promotions
- Access to Childcare
- Flexible Work Hours
- Insurance Coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Paid Leave
- Travel Opportunities
Hourly rates of pay are based on qualifications:
- Entry Level: $15.28
- Skill Level: $16.82
- Target Level: $18.52
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Communicate effectively in English (written & orally)
- Must be 18 or older at time of employment
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks
- Health assessment and immunizations
- Physical ability to lift 40lbs
- Walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis
Required documents: Resume, Social Security card, photo ID and birth certificate or Passport. High School diploma/GED certificate/college transcripts.
*Recruitment and retention bonus: A $200 recruitment bonus will be paid to the applicant upon appointment to the position. An $800 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly hired individuals selected from this Fair only.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their application package consisting of:
- Proof of education (e.g, high school diploma, transcripts, etc.)
- Other supporting documentation (e.g., PCS orders and DD 214 (if applicable for military Spouses claiming SEP and for Veterans claiming OAV), etc.)
- Professional references to include complete contact information
Use one of the two methods identified below to apply:
- Electronically (preferred):
Apply at USAjobs.gov
If unable to apply online, applicants may submit their application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office at +1(253)966-3471 or by email to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) may be emailed to the POC or brought with the applicant to the Recruitment Fair site.
Applicants will receive communications via email from the HR Office to inform them of the status of their application (e.g., application received, rating completed, referral status, etc.)
Applicants should be on the lookout for custom notifications via email that may contain reminders and/or specific details regarding the local recruitment fair.
Request applicants bring the following documents to the CYS Recruitment Fair:
- Supporting Documents for Preference or Priority Consideration, if applicable (e.g., Military Spouse Orders/PCS Orders, DD 214, etc.)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
Interviews will be conducted between 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Oct. 20 at the job fair site specified to applicants upon interview scheduling. If selected, the local HR Office may need the applicant to complete pre-employment consent forms, fingerprinting and/or schedule a physical prior to leaving the Recruitment Fair.
Eagle's Pride Golf Course
Open to the public! Course may close early based on weather and play. With regret, tee times can not be accepted over email.
NAF Human Resources