- Get a Library Account
Stop by a JBLM Library and register for a library account today
You’re eligible if you are:
- Active duty military (all services) or a family member.
- Retired military or a retired Joint Base Lewis-McChord civilian worker or a family member.
- A civilian employee or contract employee assigned to JBLM, MAMC or Yakima Training Center.
- An intern, medical student, ROTC student, or foreign service member training at MAMC or Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- A transitional assistance Soldier or a family member.
- JBLM Education Center students with no military affiliation who have proof of enrollment.
- Members of the Armed Forces, civilian employees and contractors on TDY at JBLM qualify for short-term cards.
- MAMC in-patients and their families may also qualify for short-term cards.
Get a PIN
With a PIN you can do the following from home (or anywhere else you have Internet access):
- Reserve and renew books, dvds, music and games.
- Use online library databases.
- Access ebooks, eaudiobooks and emusic.
To obtain your PIN
- Go to MY ACCOUNT. Note: If you receive the message "there is a problem with this website's security certificate," click on continue to this website (not recommended)"
- Click on "Forgot or Need a Pin."
- Enter the email address you provided when you registered for a library account.
- Click SUBMIT
- Access your email and follow the instructions for creating your PIN.
- Library Policies
Borrowing policies & procedures:
To borrow library materials you must be a registered user. Show your library card or valid picture ID when checking materials out. For your protection, do not allow anyone else to use your library card. Report a lost library or ID card immediately by calling +1(253)967-5889.
- Please do not attempt to repair any damaged material.
- JBLM libraries will not be responsible for any damage to the borrower’s audio or video equipment.
- 21 day checkout: Books, audiobooks and music CDs
- 14 day checkout: TV series
- 7 day checkout: Movies, video games and museum passes
- 99 books, talking books or magazines
- 10 Music CDs
- 10 DVDs
- 5 Video games
Reserved library materials will be held at the circulation desk. Reserves can be made in person, by telephone, or through the online catalog.
- Reserves are filled in the order in which they are placed.
- Patrons will be notified as soon as the requested materials become available.
- Reserves are held for 5 business days.
Most materials may be renewed at the Circulation Desk, by phone or through the online catalog. Items on hold may not be renewed. You cannot renew anything if there is a block on your record. Items may be renewed up to two times.
- Overdue reminders will be emailed for materials not returned by the due date.
- Accounts will be blocked when item is 30 days overdue.
Return of library materials
Library materials may be returned to any library in the JBLM Library System. After normal business hours, please return materials to:
- Grandstaff Library Book Drop located by the front doors of the library.
- Grandstaff Drive-Up Book Drop located in the parking lot behind the library building.
- McChord Library Book Drop located in the tower in front of the education building.
- McChord Library Book Drop located in the entry, outside of the library.
If the book returns are full, please do not leave materials outside.
Interlibrary loan materials
- Materials borrowed for JBLM library cardholders from other libraries through ILL are subject to all loan periods, fines, rules and regulations established by lending libraries.
- ILL materials will be renewed only as permitted by the lending library.
All library materials must be returned before clearing the JBLM libraries.
- Library Services
- Library Online Resources brochure
- Access to 100,000 books, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music and and video games.
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic and eMovies.
- Programs for kids, teens and adults.
- Computer stations with Internet, Microsoft Office and printing.
- Meeting room available for reservations.
- Study rooms.
- Free WiFi.
- Computers, Copies and More
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All Active Duty Service members and their Families, Retired Military, DoD Civilians, contractors, National Guard and Reservists are welcome to use the computers and printer.
All computers are equipped with commercial Internet access, Microsoft Office programs, and built-in CAC readers. Public computers may be used for one hour sessions and may be extended if no one is waiting.
Printing and Copying
Printing is available through an automated system. The machine accepts nickels, dimes, quarters and $1, and $5 bills. The first 15 pages of b/w printing/photocopying are free. Additional pages are 10¢. Color printing is available for 50¢ per page.
Scanning and Faxing
You may scan directly to an e-mail address or fax to a phone number in the U.S. Both services are free.
- Suggest a Purchase
We welcome your suggestions.
- Please check the online catalog to see if we already own the title you want before submitting this form.
- Any format - book, audiobook, CD, movie, video game or other may be suggested.
- Suggested purchases should be recent publications, within the last three years.
- Mission Statement
JBLM libraries support the development of a combat-ready force. The primary role in providing a combat-ready force is to assist in developing an informed, trained, up-to-date and focused warrior. Additionally, the libraries seek to enhance the quality of life for the military community.
The McChord Library has a Design Studio, which provides patrons with access to a collaborative work space for making, learning, exploring, and sharing using high tech to no tech tools.
- 3D Printer - $2 per print hour. Search Thingiverse.com for print ready files
- Embroidery machine - $2 per hour
- Cricut – free, just bring your own materials to cut
- Button maker - 25¢ per button
- Silhouette Mint rubber stamp maker – prices vary, depends on the size
- Adobe Creative Cloud for photo/video editing
- Museum Passes
Passes are available for the Tacoma Art Museum, Foss Waterway Museum, Lakewold Gardens and Washington State Parks. Passes may be checked out for one week.
McChord Beanstack: https://mcchord.beanstack.org/reader365
Interested in volunteering with MWR? Learn more here or call this location for details.