Survivor Outreach Services (SOS)
- Survivor Outreach Services Overview
Our Fallen Soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their Families deserve our respect, gratitude, and the very best we can provide. If you’re a surviving Family member, Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) offers you access to support, information, and services, closest to where you live, when you need it and for as long as you need it.
Survivor Outreach Services is part of the Army Casualty Continuum of Care. It’s designed to provide long-term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers. Our goal is to reassure Survivors that they remain valued members of the Army Family.
Survivor Outreach Services helps in many ways:
- Support Coordinators. The loss of a loved one often results in tremendous grief, which can be overwhelming. When faced with a tragedy, you may be wondering what direction to take. Your SOS Coordinator is your link to finding the resources and answers that will work best for you. Your local Support Coordinator is available to meet with you as you journey through this difficult transition by providing direct services as well as information, referrals, and recommendations. He or she can also connect you with support groups, spiritual resources, and bereavement and financial counselors. Your SOS Coordinator can also help you request and obtain copies of documents, navigate local, state, and federal agencies, and direct you to additional Survivor resources.
- Financial Counselors. In times of emotional distress, figuring out what to do about finances can create a heavy burden. Survivor Outreach Services Financial Counselors provide professional financial information and services in areas such as investing, estate planning, tax issues, and basic budgeting. Our Financial Counselors are committed to helping you create financial security. They also help ensure you get the information you need to make sound financial decisions.
- Gold Star Advocates provide support and address complaints about casualty assistance or receipt of benefits.
For more information about Army Survivor Outreach Services, or to locate your nearest SOS Coordinator, call toll-free +1 (855)707-2769.
To learn about the symbols of honor surviving military families wear, visit www.GoldStarPins.org.
- Upcoming Classes & Events
- Resources for Children
Dougy Center for Grieving Children & Families:
I Cried Too (provides resources and tools for children):
GriefNet.org (email support Groups):
- Kids-to-kids (under 12)
- K2k-teens (ages 13-18)
- Useful Links
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
We can help you cope with your loss, for as long as you desire. After you’ve lost a loved one, there may be unresolved issues or questions that surface months or years after your loss. We are Survivor Outreach Services and we are here to help.
Call toll-free: +1 (866) 963-2538