Armed Forces Day
Open to the public! Join us for military vehicle displays, entertainment and fair food at McChord's Heritage Hill.
JBLM renews annual tradition
You're invited to enjoy activities for all ages at JBLM’s Armed Forces Day Saturday, May 21, 11 a.m.–6 p.m. at Heritage Hill, McChord Field. Admission, parking, military displays, historical reenactments and entertainment are free.
Reminder: Due to increased COVID cases in the region, please do not attend if you have COVID symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID within five days of the event. Expect additional COVID mitigation measures to be in place at the event such as mask wear on bus ride from satellite parking to event, social distancing and hand sanitizing stations. Symptom and temp checks will be conducted at the bus stops.
This event is subject to change. Stay tuned for updates.
What to see at Armed Forces Day
Explore static military aircraft and vehicle displays, including infantry-carrying vehicles and weapons displays. See living history encampments representing military life in the past and ask questions to learn more about bygone eras of military field life. Look for stage entertainment, roving entertainers, pump track (bring your bicycle and helmet), military dog demonstrations, laser tag, games, food and craft vendors and more.
General Public Entrance
The general public (those without DOD ID) must use the McChord Field Main Gate, I-5 exit 125, to enter the installation. Foreign nationals must stop at the Visitor Center to get cleared prior to advancing to the main gate. You will then be guided to the satellite parking area where you will take the free shuttle bus to the event site (mask wear on bus required per JBLM policy). Buses will run continuously throughout the event. Get picked up at the same drop-off location to return to your vehicle at the end of your visit. Please see our list of prohibited items here. Note: Every person entering JBLM is subject to search. No animals, to include service animals, will be allowed onto the D ramp (flight line).
Armed Forces Kids Run
DOD ID card holders, sign up your youth for the free Armed Forces Kids Run! Click here for details.
PS5 ticket raffle BOSS is selling raffle tickets for a PS5 for $5 each or get 5 for $20! Winner announced at 2 p.m. on the main stage. Details
Military displays, equipment and vehicles include:
- C-17 Globemaster III aircraft
- 7th Infantry Division AH-64
- 42nd Military Police Brigade K-9 Unit, vehicles and equipment
- 555th Engineer Brigade Husky vehicle, D7 Bulldozer and 621B Scraper, along with an explosive ordnance disposal team’s military equipment
- 17th Field Artillery Brigade High Mobility Artillery Rocket System – or HIMARS
- 201st Expeditionary Military Intelligence Brigade Light Medium Tactical Vehicle – or LMTV
- 446th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron static display
- 627th Logistics Readiness Squadron vehicle and military handling equipment displays
- 627th Civil Engineer Squadron static displays
- 627th Security Forces Squadron static displays
- There will be also be static displays from 1st Special Forces Group; 1st Weather Squadron; 2/75th Ranger Battalion; 373rd Training Squadron; 4th Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment; 446th Airlift Wing; 5th Air Support Squadron; 627th Air Base Group; and more.
|11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.||Bill Robison||Singing Puppet Palace|
|1:30–2:30 p.m.||Alex Zerbe||The Zaniac|
|3:30–5:30 p.m.||Bruce Johnson||Charlie the Juggling Clown|
|11 a.m.–6 p.m.||Glitterbuggie||Balloon Twisters|
|11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.||Rowdy Refs||TV Game Show|
|12:30–1:15 p.m.||Kevin Wolfe||Magician|
|1:30–2:15 p.m.||Rowdy Refs||TV Game Show|
|2:30–3:15 p.m.||Reptile Isle||Reptile Show|
|3:30–4:15 p.m.||Kevin Wolfe||Magician|
|4:30–5:15 p.m.||Reptile Isle||Reptile Show|
|11:00–11:45 a.m.||I Corps Army Band||Rock, Jazz or Polka|
|Noon–12:45 p.m.||Hot Rodster||Classic Country Band|
|1:00–1:45 p.m.||Memphis Belles||Andrews Sisters Tribute|
|2:00–2:45 p.m.||Hot Rodster||Charlie Daniels Tribute|
|3:00–3:45 p.m.||Memphis Belles||Andrews Sisters Tribute|
|4:00–5:00 p.m.||I Corps Army Band||Rock, Jazz or Polka|
THANK YOU FOR PRACTICING PHYSICAL DISTANCING
This event is subject to change. Stay tuned to this website and our Facebook page for updates.
Proudly sponsored by:
Call 253-966-2256/967-7942 if you would like to be a sponsor of future JBLM events!
No federal endorsement implied.
The best way to contact us is via email as we're often out of the office supporting upcoming events.