- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends, and volunteer resources
- Career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, and networking
- Résumé critiques and help crafting effective cover letters
- Career counseling and individual career assessments Information on career fairs and other hiring events
- For Units/Organizations
Career planning and job searches can be intimidating, but they don't have to be.
ERP is available to provide cutting edge employment information, conduct training customized to your organization, or give a general overview on services we provide to the JBLM Community.
To request an on-site or virtual service via Teams, contact our office at 253-967-WORK(9675)
- For Employers
Coordinate with us to tap into a talent pool which adds immediate value to your organization: the military community!
Military spouses and veterans:
- Thrive in team-driven environments
- Multi-task with ease
- Are proven leaders, adapting quickly to change
- Have extensive experience interacting with a variety of cultures
ERP can help employers find quality candidates through:
- Employer spotlight events
- Social media posts
- Referrals to hiring fair coordinators
- Job seeker referrals
Contact our team to find out more! 253-477-WORK (9675)
- Internships and Fellowships
A 16 week, part-time, flexible hours program designed to aid spouses wanting to reenter the workforce. Partner funding provides minimum wage pay, a business clothing stipend, and childcare cost assistance, if needed.
For more information, contact: 253-534-5257
Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Fellowship Program
A six week syllabus where candidates are matched with companies based upon their skills and the preferences of both parties. Participating military spouses undergo exclusive on-the-job training at their host company four days a week, and spend one day a week in professional development 'huddles'. Placements are made in both scheduled cohorts and individually on an ongoing basis.
- Licensure and Certifications
Onward to Opportunity
O2O offers no-cost training and certification in over 40 top paying career fields and direct connections to military-friendly employers. Get certified for free in the Project Management, Human Resources, or Information Technology career fields.
Professional Licensure in Washington State
Washington state has actively engaged credential and licensing entities to promote transferability of skills and qualifications for veterans and military spouses.
Military Spouse Reimbursement for Professional Licensure Fees
The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act allows each service branch to reimburse spouses up to $1,000 for re-licensure and certification costs resulting from relocations or PCS moves that cross U.S. state lines – to include OCONUS to stateside moves.
- Professional Mentorship Opportunities
American Corporate Partners: Military Spouse Mentorship
ACP hand-selects a Mentor for each spouse Protégé for year-long, customized, one-on-one mentorship. Whether you are considering a new career, starting a small business or have recently moved locations, ACP has Mentors offering their assistance.
Create a free profile at Veterati to get unlimited access to thousands of volunteer mentors: CEOs, recruiters, entrepreneurs, managers, Veterans & civilians. Choose as many mentors in as many areas as you like.
- Federal Employment for Military Spouses
Family Member Appointing Authorities
If you're a military spouse, you may be eligible to apply using a non-competitive process designed to help you get a job in the federal government. Knowing about these authorities and identifying your eligibility will enhance your job search. Check vacancy announcements, which should clearly state "Who May Apply".
- Federal Employment Opportunities: USAJOBS
- Get more information about eligibility criteria on FEDSHIREVETS
- Additional Employment Resources
The following federal programs are available to help support military spouses with their career goals and needs:
SECO (Spouse Education Career Opportunities)
The Department of Defense established the SPOUSE EDUCATION CAREER OPPORTUNITIES program to provide education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide, offering comprehensive resources and tools related to career exploration, education, training and licensing, employment readiness and career connections.
MSEP (Military Spouse Employment Partnership)
The MILITARY SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT PARTNERSHIP (MSEP) is a targeted recruitment and employment solution for spouses and companies which:
- Partners Fortune 500 Plus companies with ALL Military Services
- Provides human resource (HR) managers with recruitment solutions – military spouses
- Prepares military spouses to become competitive, “job ready” applicants
- Connects military spouses with employers seeking the essential 21st century workforce skills and attributes they possess
MyCAA (My Career Advancement Account)
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Visit MILITARYONESOURCE MYCAA for more information.
Our office specializes in services for Military Spouses. We also proudly offer assistance to all Department of Defense ID Card Holders, to include: Active Duty Service Members, Retirees, Veterans, DoD Civilians, Active Reserve, National Guard, and Wounded Warriors.
Not sure what career path you want to pursue? Need to prepare for the big interview? Sign up for an appointment with one of our career counselors.
We can help with: