An official army family and MWR Site

SFRGs, Booster Clubs & Private Orgs

JBLM MWR has myriad ways for groups to get involved in basewide events and programs.

Opportunities are available to SFRGs, Booster Clubs and registered Private Organizations. By attending an upcoming event, you'll not only highlight your individual group but help enhance the JBLM community and MWR events. SFRGs, Booster Clubs are also invited to  operate concession stands at many seasonal programs.

The Outdoor Recreation Program has four FRG Rental Packages (grills, tents, tables, chairs) available by reservation.

For more information on how to register as a Private Organization and what opportunities are available, email, call 253-967-6551 or visit the Private Organizations webpage.

We look forward to partnering with you!

Process to sign up for Partner with Us Opportunities:

  • Contact the Private Organizations Manager at to sign up.
  • Read and sign the Partner with Us Memorandum of Agreement. Once completed, please return to MWR.
  • If volunteering, hours need to be logged into VMIS. If you need to register as a volunteer, please contact the Installation Volunteer Corps Coordinator.
  • Fundraising Opportunities: Private Orgs are required to report fundraisers to the Private Orgs Manager. SFRGs are required to report fundraisers to DHR.
  • Fill out the appropriate EHS Form (below)
  • After completing the form, submit here NLT 7 days prior to the event.
  • All participants are required to have a current food handlers’ certification. This can either be obtained through Washington State or Environmental Health at JBLM.
  • Please have a printed copy of all food handlers’ certifications and approved request from Environmental Health with you at the event.


Partner with Us FAQ

Q: What training is required to sell food?

A: All participants need to have a current food handler’s certification. This can be obtained through the state, or for free through Environmental Health. Training will also be offered during the information brief in April.

Q: What forms are required to sell food?

A: The EHS forms must be completed and submitted NLT 7 days from the event. (See links to forms above).  

Q: Does MWR provide any equipment?

A: Groups are responsible for providing their own equipment. However, equipment may be rented through MWR. (Is there a link for equipment rental that could be added here?).

Q: Can we sell our own merchandise in addition to concessions?

A: Groups are not authorized to sell their own merchandise.


SFRGs, Booster Club, and Private Organizations are invited to the events below. Interactive/hands-on activities should add value to the event. Concessions, where authorized, provide a fundraising opportunity.


Ongoing: JBLM MWR Sports & Races
Concessions, kids' activities

March 16: Shamrock Shop & Run: MWR Fest Tent
Interactive/hands-on activity | Concessions

April 27: Kids' Fest: MWR Fest Tent
Activities, games or concessions; staffing inflatables and more. Theme: Superheroes

May 18: Armed Forces Day: Heritage Hill, McChord Field
Activities, games or concessions.

June 29: Freedom Fest: Cowan & Memorial stadiums
Concessions, kids' activities

Sept. 28: JBLM Oktoberfest: MWR Fest Tent
Interactive/hands-on activity